Courses / CMA
CMA Live and Online Exam Preparation Courses
For the 2014 CMA exams we are offering the following course options:
- a live course for the CMA Part Part 1 Exam from 5 April to 24 May 2014 (32 lessons)
- a live course for the CMA Part 2 Exam from 15 November to 13 December 2014 (40 lessons)
- an online course for the CMA Part 2 Exam; the online course is available for viewing (start is possible anytime)
The live preparation courses for the CMA Part 1 and Part 2 exams take place in Zurich. The CMA exam preparation course consists of 72 lessons and is structured according to the Content Specification Outlines of ICMA. The course teaches the most complex and frequently asked concepts and gives a framework to structure the exam preparation. It is designed so that candidates can build up gradually the knowledge and strategy to pass the exam successfully.
The CMA Part 2 online preparation course can be attended anywhere, anytime. The course is structured according to the Content Specification Outlines of ICMA and teaches the most complex and frequently asked concepts.
CfBS Center for Business Studies is an officially recognized course provider of IMA.
Open Evening Session
- for CMA on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 from 18.00 to 19.30 hrs. in Zurich
To attend the open evening session free of charge, please register by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view a CMA video of IMA.
In today's competitive business environment the skills of CFOs, treasurers, controllers, and accountants have to be much broader. Rather than just accumulating data, they have to provide support to management in analyzing the information gathered and thereby shaping the company's future. The CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is an internationally recognized certification that prepares today's professionals for their demanding roles in the fields of accounting and financial management. Please click here to view the CMA Handbook.
The CMA examinations were developed and are offered by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA) in approximately 200 locations in the U.S. and an additional 200 international locations. ICMA is an affiliate of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) which is the world's leading professional organization dedicated to the advancement of accounting, finance, and information management with more than 70,000 members world-wide.
The CMA exam is based on the Content Specification Outlines of ICMA which contain the following two parts:
- Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance and Control (4 hours – 100 multiple-choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
- Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting (30%)
- Performance Measurement (25%)
- Cost Management (25%)
- Internal Controls (15%)
- Professional Ethics (5%)
- Part 2: Financial Decision Making (4 hours – 100 multiple-choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
- Financial Statement Analysis (25%)
- Corporate Finance (25%)
- Decision Analysis and Risk Management (25%)
- Investment Decisions (20%)
- Professional Ethics (5%)
The CMA exam is a computer-based test. Each exam part consists of a three- hour multiple-choice section and one hour of essay questions. In order to be eligible to take the essay section at least 50% of the multiple-choice questions must be answered correctly.
Exams for parts 1 and 2 can be taken during three testing windows each year: January and February, May and June as well as September and October.
More information about the CMA examinations can be found at www.imanet.org/ima_home.aspx
Requirements for the CMA Certification
- Pass all parts of the exam
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (i.e. Fachhochschule, Universität)
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting and/or financial management
- Two character references need to be submitted to IMA
- Compliance with the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice
- Being a member of IMA and 30 hours of continuing professional education per year